d
a
g
j
Sektor404 Sektor404
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Attached is a few questions I need assistance with, I know how to do the mean, just the other two please. How do I know if I use the n-1 formula or not for standard deviation and which one do I use in this case? Thanks Slight Smile
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 1221 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
11 years ago Edited: 11 years ago, Alexx
a) easy
b) In the formula you use n if you have ALL the observations of the population (you could get that after doing infinite measures). If you have a sample of the population, you should use n-1.
Practically: when you have a small number of observations (a small sample), you use n-1. If you have a large sample (for example 200 measures) then you could use either n or n-1 since it makes small difference.
So, in your case you use the formula:

c) I can't understand this one... Does it mean that all observations will have the same value? If that's the case, then the standard deviation should be 0. But it's very hard for every measure to have the same value...

And something else: Try to write down the questions if possible, so that other people with the same questions will be able to find them.
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
Mean means the average, so just add them all up and divide by the number of observations.
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
Sektor404 Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Thanking you kindly for the help!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1511 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 119
Closes: November 4