a
t
i
r
jww8508 jww8508
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Systems of equations can be solved by graphing or by using substitution or elimination. What are the pros and cons of each method? Which method do you like best? Why? What circumstances would cause you to use a different method?
Read 673 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
RikufiedRikufied
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 110 words.

Related Topics

fi
wrote...
11 years ago
Firstly Pros and Cons

Graphing:
Good for visualization on what you are looking for an answer but sometime you can't get the answer. Like if the answer turns out to be a decimal number because graphs are usually set up with whole numbers.

Substitution:
You can get your answer correct rather its a whole or a decimal answer but the process can be very long and messy which could cause you to put the wrong information in a spot that it shouldn't be in. Which would cause you then to end up with the wrong answer.

Elimination:
Still get your answer correct rather its a whole or a decimal answer and is not as messy as substitution. More of a chance to having the answer correct the first time around.

The system that I like best would have to be Substitution because it is more of a challenge (specially when you are trying to solve a problem with three or more systems of equations). It tests me on rather I could be neat and not lose my position on where I need to put something. The circumstances that would cause me to use a different method would be on an exam. Exams are usually timed and you would have to be done within that time. Whats not completed is counted as wrong and you don't want to do the long way to take up your time and a chance of making a mistake and getting it incorrect. The only time I would you use it on an exam though is if the directions told me specifically to use substitution (or even graphing).
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1286 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?