d
a
g
j
ikilledpablo ikilledpablo
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I work with endangered species. You must know the populations of these species in order to know they are endangered. It made me wonder, so... I've been looking for a list of estimated populations of all the various animal species on Earth, and have been wondering where humans fit in to that ranking; and which animals have a total population that is closest to the total number of Homo Sapiens.
In response to Answer #1... I didn't ask which animals outnumber humans. There are hundreds of thousands of species that outnumber humans.
Read 445 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Small insects, marine animals, and bacteria would outnumber humans.

edit:
@"and which animals have a total population that is closest to the total number of Homo Sapiens."
@"I didn't ask which animals outnumber humans"

Let me rephrase:
Small insects, marine animals, and bacteria are examples of animals that have a total population that is close to humans, or greater, as opposed to animals like horses that are nowhere near the human population.
wrote...
11 years ago
Other animals that live along side us like dogs cats rodents like mice and rats cattle
wrote...
11 years ago
Hmm, nice question ! ...one that I don't have a definite answer for....one that comes to mind is the red-billed quelea - there are about 1.5 billion breeding individuals (adults), but given that 2 - 4 eggs are laid at a time, it could loosely be said that in total there are something like 4.5 - 7.5 billion individuals within the species as a whole - the average of this range approximates the total human population. I cannot think of a more specific population count of a species that more closely answers your question (doubtless there is though)....

J. Spicoli - I see you cannot do any of the following - discern the question asked, be specific in what you present, stick to talking about animals !

Lord Chuc - cats and dogs are much lower in number, rats and mice far exceed, domestic cattle are much lower in number...
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1204 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 436