Top Posters
Since Sunday
k
o
JenConn JenConn
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago

We are currently using the book: Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children 9th edition but I don't think the questions are coming from there. Where are these questions coming from?

1. You are working in the pediatric clinic. Mrs. Martinez brings in her 6 month old infant Maria for a well-baby visit. Maria's birth weight was 6 lbs, 4 oz. She was a healthy term delivery from a healthy pregnancy. Which of the following weights most closely reflects Maria's normal growth at this checkup?

a. 10 lbs, 4 oz.

b. 12 lbs, 4 oz.

c. 14 lbs, 4 oz.

d. 16 lbs, 4 oz.

2. Which of the following behaviors would indicate to you that 6 month old Maria is meeting her developmental milestones?

a. Demonstrates partial head lag and sits without support.

b. Sits with hands as support and shows separation anxiety.

c. Demonstrates a strong grasp reflex and rolls over.

d. Positive moro reflex and pushes up on hands when prone.

(Points: 1.0)     3. You are asked to provide anticipatory guidance for Mrs. Smith about 8 month old Sammy.

a. It will be important to baby proof the house to protect Sammy.

b. Replace Sammy's milk with solid foods by 10 months.

c. Sammy will be 12 months old before you will hear his first words.

d. It is time to begin toilet training since Sammy is interested in pleasing you.

4. According to Erikson, the developmental task of infancy is the establishment of

a. Animism

b. Trust

c. Narcissism

d. Synchrony

5.Which of the following is an example of Piaget's sensorimotor stage of development?

a. Belief that the rocks have feelings.

b. Placing toys and other objects in the mouth.

c. Crying when approached by strangers.

d. Achieving task of conservation.
Read 1256 times
5 Replies