a
t
i
r
o2484680@rtrt o2484680@rtrt
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I intend to heat some quantity of water (say 1 liter) by applying electrical energy to a resistance. How much power is needed. From the power, I will deduce what electrical resistance is neccessary for using say a 120 V electrical network outlet.
Read 258 times
4 Replies
Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
That depends upon the efficiency of heat transfer from the electrical device, and upon the time it takes to heat the water.

A low power device can heat the water to the same temperature as a high power device, except that it takes longer.

You need to better define the constraints of your experiment:
Starting temperature of the water.
Desired end temperature.
How fast you want to change temperature.
Material characteristics of your heating unit.

Done.
Answer accepted by topic starter
smileyladysmileylady
wrote...
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free