a
t
i
r
StudleyMcgee StudleyMcgee
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
12 years ago
Essay style paper asking about the changes in muscles, joints and bones in physical movement and the physiology of each physical movement. I would appreciate any and all help with this, I am having a great deal of difficulty in the physiology portion of the class.

Situation: John is practicing his golf swing at a driving range.
Part 1: Muscles, Joints and Bones Anatomy

(1) Which bones of the body are used to go from the anatomical position to holding the golf club in front of him with both hands? (Discuss the bones in the upper extremity only)

(2) Which joints are used, and what is the type of action for each joint (i.e. flexion, extension, etc)? (Discuss the joints in the upper extremity only)

(3) Which muscles are required to complete the stance? (Discuss the muscles in the upper extremity only)

Part 2: Nervous System and Muscle Physiology

(1) What occurs from the moment John decides to swing to actually completing the act?  Detail the steps needed for the thought to go from the first neuron to the second, and then from the last neuron to one of the muscles you identified in Part 1 # 3 above.

(2) Which nerve directly innervates the muscle you chose in Part 2, # 1? above?

(3) Explain the Sliding Filament Theory.

Read 8966 times
25 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
(3) Explain the Sliding Filament Theory

This can be found here:

https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=4532.0;highlight=sliding+filament+theory

Can you tell me what textbook is being used for these questions?
StudleyMcgee Author
wrote...
12 years ago
It is coming from both the physioex9.0 lab manual and Introduction to the human body ISBN 0-470-42097-9. I think the questions are from my instructor and not from any particular review paper from the books. I'm just having trouble and thought I would ask.
wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
12 years ago
It is coming from both the physioex9.0 lab manual and Introduction to the human body ISBN 0-470-42097-9. I think the questions are from my instructor and not from any particular review paper from the books. I'm just having trouble and thought I would ask.

The reason he asked is because we have solution manuals to several physiology textbooks, and it would simply be easier to show you that rather than taking time to research each question. These questions, however, were not made by your professor; I've seen them before and so they're probably coming from some outside source such as an old textbook he/she used to use.
StudleyMcgee Author
wrote...
12 years ago
The book that is used for the course is

Introduction to the human body
the essentials of anatomy and physiology
eigth edition
By Tortora & Derrickson
ISBN 0-470-42097-9

And of course the physioex 9.0 lab manual
StudleyMcgee Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Application #1 for A&P using that above mentioned book.
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
This thing:

Correct? I'm going to try to get it for the website.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
StudleyMcgee Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Here it is
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
Here it is

Thanks...
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
StudleyMcgee Author
wrote...
12 years ago
That was the best picture that I could find. I was not able to resize it to show up larger with out it being pixelated really bad. I hope you can help me on this Application. I have the first two sections of Part 1 completed and am working on the 3rd section. The problem that I have is with Part 2, like ALL OF PART 2!  Slight Smile I appreciate all the help. I also found a midterm exam question blank that had all of the answers listed but I cant download since I am not a member. bummer. If anyone has one of these dudes they are willing to email me that too would be a HUGE help. Thanks guys. You rock
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
I have the first two sections of Part 1 completed and am working on the 3rd section. The problem that I have is with Part 2, like ALL OF PART 2!

Could you post what you've done on here?

I'm going to try to get it for the website.

Thanks buddy!
StudleyMcgee Author
wrote...
12 years ago
I attached it as a word document
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago

That's really well done. I really hope duddy can get that Undecided
StudleyMcgee Author
wrote...
12 years ago

That's really well done. I really hope duddy can get that Undecided

Thanks I hope some one can help me out. Like I said, Im only having issues with the parts not done on the Application.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1260 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?