s
a
t
i
r
karim89 karim89
wrote...
13 years ago
Does anyone have suggestions or remarks on certain models, i'm planning on spending around 150$, i've checked online, but i don't think that i can really trust people selling things on amazon or similar sites, so any idea on which type would be a good one ?
Read 2078 times
8 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Karim, remember that there are subtle differences between the male skeleton and the female skeleton; anyone in particular?
karim89 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
well im not going to buy both  Face with Stuck-out Tongue, so either would be good enough
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
haha, I guess we will go with the male version.

This site looks very reputable (though it is double your budget)

http://www.skeletonmodels.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_2&products_id=56

- Adult male skeleton model
- Highly detailed bone structure
- Durable design with natural appearance
- Articulated & removeable limbs
- Removable teeth housed in a spring jaw
- Mounted on a 16" metal base stand
- Supplied with dust cover

I think they can ship it to Lebanon. The 33 Inch one (which is about 3 feet) is a fraction of the price at 50 dollars.

http://www.skeletonmodels.com/anatomical_skeleton_models.html

Moreover, Lippincott is a very reputable company that our school deals with:

http://lippincott.lww.com/publisher/Skeleton%20Model

Tell me what you think? I'm sure there are plenty out there for 150 dollars, but that "buyer's beware" bell should go off whenever you're purchasing something off Amazon or EBay.
karim89 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
the 3rd website has nice skeletons, i like the idea of showing muscles' origins and insertions, though those are more expensive... i think ill check first locally for where to get those things and how much do they cost over here.. im sure it would cost much less to buy it from lebanon than from europe or usa/canada and ship it all the way... but at least now i have an idea on what to look for when buying one.. i should check what parts are flexible, better be a little heavy and real size.. and if i find one where the bones can be seperated for my price range then it would be great. thx for your help  Slight Smile
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
You'll be an excellent MD. By the way, which courses did you end up choosing?
karim89 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
thx i hope so.. i ended up choosing immunology and microbiology and i didn't choose a third because it will be hard for me to finish all the required courses for my last bio year in just a one year along with medical school, so i'll spread the biology courses over 2 years, and ill finish half the courses now, and half next year.. so i don't have to choose the 3rd now... if i find myself comfortable with time it's gonna be neurophysiology, if not then probably nutrition.
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
I love infection and immunology with a passion. Check out this site I created: www.ppdictionary.com. It profiles all the bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc. that cause harm to humans. All the information you need is there, and it's free! Wink Face
karim89 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
yea i was checking it and it is great, i'm not sure what we will be studying in microbiology course but i guess this site will turn to be very helpful.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1234 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431