× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
alaska47 alaska47
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Hi if anyone could help me solve this that would be great - thank you!

Alejandro and Roger are working on a group project for class that requires writing a paper and designing charts to explain the information contained in the paper. Alejandro can write three pages of the paper in the same time it takes him to create two charts. Roger can write two pages of the paper in the same time he can produce a single chart. What is the opportunity cost for each to produce a single page of the essay? Based on the opportunity cost, who has the comparative advantage in writing the essay?
Read 1278 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
Of course we can help. Here's what I found

Alejandro write three pages of paper and produces two charts where as Roger write two pages of paper and produces one chart at same time to complete there task properly.

Oppournity cost :

3 pages of paper produced by Alejandro = 2 pages of paper produced by Roger

1 page of paper produced by Alejandro = 2/ 3 pages of paper produced by Roger

The oppournity cost of Alejandro paper is more because as in the same time they produce 1 paper where as Roger produces 2/3 rd of the page.

From my point of view, Alejandro has the compartive advantage of writing the essay because as they write more than angelia. It shows that they have good writing skills and knowledge.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1255 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?