× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
oldcollegelady oldcollegelady
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
13 years ago
This is a laab assignment on what factors affect enzyme activity. and I am having trouble with the post lab.
A510 Readings after Adding 2 mL of Glucose Oxidase to Varying Concentrations of Glucose
We did 30 mg/dL, 15 mg/dL, 7.5 mg/dL, 3.75 mg/dL, 1.875 mg/dL and 937.5 uL/dL.
15seconds, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90, 105, and 120 seconds.
With the results I made a graph.a scatter diagram. The first thing I need to do is examine the graph and determine the time interval where the relationship between A510 values and time appears to be linear. I did that and it seems to be at the end on all of them. Linear is where the line levels out? Then the part that I am stuck on is Use linear regression to determine the equation for the best-fit straight line. The line is called tge "enzyme prgress curve". The slope if the line tells you the rate of the reaction, and is a measure of "enzyme activity". Finally, prepare a table like the one below and fill in the required information.
Okay, so the table 4 colums, 1st is "Substrate Concentration" which I filled in starting with 30mg/dL at the top. The next column is "Equation for "best fit" straight line, 3rd column is "Correlation Coefficient (r)", and the last column is "Slope of line, or enzyme activity(AA510/sec.)"  Can you tell me how to do the first one which is 30mg/dL. I could probably figure the rest out. thanks so much. sorry this is such a long one.  Undecided
Read 1183 times
3 Replies