× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
I think there's a lot of different reasons why people want to become a doctor. They could have a passion for taking care of others on an intensive level, they want to make a lot of money, they want a stable profession because they know doctors will always be in demand.
If you are reading this, you are awesome, and I wish you a happy and prosperous day!
wrote...
10 years ago
There will always be a demand of people in the medical field no matter if it is a CNA, Nurse, Doctor, or a Surgeon. The medical field is a field that will never go away because people will always have health problems.
wrote...
10 years ago
I don't think there's anything desirable about being doctor other than the fame of having the Dr. in front of your name, and the glory.
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
wrote...
10 years ago
Anyone saying they want to be doctors to help people... right, there are few exceptions but most of them are just messing with you. There are far far more easier ways to help people than spending in 100k range and over a decade of your life. You could volunteer, save your money for charity, start a scholarship foundation. I burned all the roads to become a doctor after working in the local hospitals, but one of the things I'm aiming for is dentistry which is a similar field as far as the admission is concerned. I'm doing this to gain financial freedom, help people while I can, and run a business that's relatively safe from economic cycles. Big companies will always have insurances... that's the only reason why dentists making a killing haha. And I like routine jobs. I may not be the most talented guy but after years of experience, I will be competent in it. Competency is the currency of the world that will never inflate, and maybe I'm no the most passionate and altruistic guy, but I worked in denturist places and I know I can deliver. So that's why I'm prepping for DAT. If money was no object, I would have gone into history/philosophy field.

I know fame and pride is a big thing for some, but not for me. After I save enough of it, I'd teach or do something more casual. Heck, maybe I can be a prof in dental school who's not a jerk... well, I'm a jerk but I don't bully without reason haha.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1262 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370