B)an axon of a motor neuron
C)an axon of a sensory neuron
D)a dendrite of a motor neuron

2. Acetylcholine is produced at

A)J
B) F
C) H
D) G

3. In a classic experiment, the strength of a neural stimulus and the resulting muscle contraction are compared. A single motor neuron that synapses with a muscle fibre is attached to a mass. if a electrical stimulus is sufficient to cause an impulse in the neuron, the muscle will contract and lift the mass. the following data were obtained from the experiment. Analyze the data, and answer the following questions

A) Define ''threshold potential'': what is the minimum size of the stimulus required to reach the threshold potential for this motor neuron?

B) Explain the all- or none response. then predict the mass that could be lifted at 3 mV of stimuli and at 4 mV of stimuli.

C) choose a specific examples of a sensory neurons, and explain the neural stimulation and impulses in terms of the threshold potential and the all-or-none response.

Hint for question 3: To lift a feather or a heavy weight, the same all-or-none response occurs. It is just, when lifting a heavier weight, more neurons stimulate more muscle fibrils. It is assumed in this question that a single neuron affects a single muscle fibre.

I have attached the photos related to the questions in order so you guys don't get confused, please help me on these because i have no idea, and be give an explanation i would really appreciate it. Thank you

Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Read 2211 times
1 Reply