s
b
j
u
j
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
10 years ago
Not getting marriage with brother or sister is widely accepted in different country, does it have any genetic issues related to this culture?  would people get genetic disease easy with getting marriage with brother or sister? so we get this rules on marrage.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :>
Read 406 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
I'm disgusted just reading the first paragraph. Sorry. I suggest you read this article (Downwards Arrow), because I wouldn't know where to begin answering it. Genetic issues are a possibility, but not necessarily. When we were tribes-people, I'm sure this had to happen to continue to the human race.
Source  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
oemBiology Author
wrote...
10 years ago
My culture told that family genetic disease would easy be happened, if people get marriage with brother or sister, so getting marriage with people from different family would be recommended, and this rule is created not legal to get marriage with brother or sister, but I need some viewpoints from biology.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much for any suggestions :>
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
No, it's not as common as you think. The only issue, however, is that there wouldn't be diversity in the child, the offspring. The offspring would carry the exist same genes and there would be limited mixing of the genetics. So, if the parents are siblings, they likely carry similar genetics. So, if the brother has a diseased gene, then it's likely that the mother will too. Therefore, the child would also have that 'bad' gene most likely 100%.
Tralalalala Slight Smile
oemBiology Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Any good / bad gene kept memory in DNA only, if people get marriage with different family, their child would also lose their good and bad gene too.  The main issue for human is to survive, keeping good gene and removing bad gene, so do you have any suggestions on how to keep the good gene for better survive with different family?

Thank you very much for any suggestions :>
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
The main issue for human is to survive, keeping good gene and removing bad gene, so do you have any suggestions on how to keep the good gene for better survive with different family?

Humans are made up of both good and bad alleles (version) of a particular gene. If inbreeding occurs, mixing of different alleles will not occur. The brother and sister both have a combination of good and bad alleles. Their offspring will have a very similar combination.

so do you have any suggestions on how to keep the good gene for better survive with different family?

You pick the person you want to marry. If you want your kids to have good eyes, marry a woman who has good vision.
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1016 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 302