a
t
i
r
Ddn268 Ddn268
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I have a very tough biology homework assignment. Please don't say to go do it myself or look it up or something. My dad and I have both tried this and after a few hours there is always something wrong. So please don't tell me to do my own homework.
Part A:
This animal diffuses oxygen through its skin. It has tentacles that can feel; otherwise it does not sense its environment. It has one opening for food to enter and waste to leave. There is no strong support system for its body, it is soft. These animals like to eat small organisms that live in the water around it. What is this animal?
My guesses: sea cucumber, squid, and octopus. They're all wrong.
Part B
The animal has small, almost microscopic, needle-like structures to support its body. They eat tiny microorganisms that swim by through tiny holes or pores all over its body. Oxygen and waste diffuse through these same small pores. it doesn't move, but remains attached to one spot its whole life. They are not aware of any changes in its environment.
Guesses: Sea fan, sea sponge, sea urchin. Sea urchin is wrong.

Part C:
This animal has a soft and flat body with no support structures. it has one opening for food to enter and waste to leave. It eats small animals in the water. it has simple structures to detect light, and it can sense something touching it but that is all. It moves by gliding through water. It gets oxygen into its body through diffusion of its skin.
Guesses: Sea cucumber. Is sea cucumber flat? Otherwise I have no clue.
Part D:
The animal has a soft body with no support structures. It is round. It has 2 body openings: one for food to enter, the other for waste to leave. It has a simple nervous system that can sense touch. Oxygen diffuses through its skin. it eats small animals. To move it squirms and thrashes through the water.
Guesses: Sea slug. I think that's right but don't hold me to that.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you answer thanks for giving me something useful.
Read 363 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
flautist1302flautist1302
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 300 words.