p
n
C
z
Dash8er Dash8er
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago

What would happen if a scientist repeatedly introduced a short period of darkness during the daylight period of a short-day plant?
Thank you to everyone that helped:) I figured it out on my own and it would have no effect on the plant because plants are really affected by the length of darkness they experience rather than the amount of light they receive, at least in the aspect of flowering. Anyways, so the correct answer is :

Question 2
What would happen if a scientist repeatedly introduced a short period of darkness during the daylight period of a short-day plant?
Answer

Correct Answer:  
No change in the normal flowering response would occur.
Read 321 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
depends on the plant and the timing

poor confused plant!
wrote...
10 years ago
If it was planned or made at the same time (everyday, it would actually cause a bio-unformated forced programe of a systematic 2day/2night cycle) in a day!  We, rather I,should say from helping those that grrew home  grown ' funny stuff ' (like pot)...
 Ya, can get a 3 day growth spurt from the plant by having lights'heaters on for 5hrs duration, and a 3hr set darkness exhaust fans no lights on in a cupboard or fume cabinet unit!  please note;- i don't advise ya, from doing it !!!!

### yes, it does work ! That's from hands on knowledge,and a person that's retired from that type of thing these days.....
wrote...
10 years ago
I don't know. For a single plant, probably nothing ... but no one has conducted this kind of experiment at an ecosystem scale. You should also consider light as a form heat, so periodically block the solar radiation can also change the Earth surface temperature and that affects plant physiology. Also consider the long-term effect, will lowered temperature be beneficial to a specific plant community or harmful?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  968 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion