a
t
i
r
monki1 monki1
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, monki1
In my biology coursework I found that as light intensity increased the height of the plant I was investigating increased. In the rationale part if the coursework I have provide reasoning + journals to support what I found. However, my research so far has only confused me. I found that shaded plants should grow taller whereas I found the opposite.I found a strong positive correlation between height and light intensity. What do I do noww???
Post Merge: 10 years ago

Bumb
Read 645 times
3 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
Wait your turn monki1 Wink Face No need to bump before 24 hours

However, my research so far has only confused me. I found that shaded plants should grow taller whereas I found the opposite.I found a strong positive correlation between height and light intensity. What do I do noww???

Correct, the greater the light intensity, the more productive the plant, and so more potential for growth. Evolutionary speaking, this makes total sense, because in nature, trees compete for canopy space. The tree that grows taller has more of a chance for survival because if it can grow taller than the rest, it will get the most amount of sun, and therefore produce enough sugar and energy to create viable offspring.

Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
monki1 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Thank you. In my coursework I have to explain why more light intensity would mean more height (growth). Is this to do with more photosynthesis and phytochromes, tropisms etc.Neutral Face
Answer accepted by topic starter
padrepadre
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
Top Poster
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 340 words.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile