a
t
i
r
Mhightower Mhightower
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I'm looking into university courses and I've noticed that these come up as separate things.
What's the difference? I had always assumed Biological Sciences was the same as Biology...
Read 499 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Biology is a general study of living things, both plants and animals. It touches on all of the basics; cell function, mitosis and meiosis, photosynthesis and cellular respiration, the ecosystem, examining plants and animals from simple to complex.
Biological sciences are more specific, and study an area of biology. For example, my specialty is human physiology and cardiology. These are biological sciences, but they are the study of the biochemistry of the human body and its systems, and in particular for me, the heart and circulatory system.
Does this help?
wrote...
10 years ago
It is the same thing - different universities name the course differently.
wrote...
10 years ago
Probably nothing really. A biological studies or biological sciences degree is usually just what a university with an extensive biology program with lots of options will call their general degree. At a school that only offers 1 or 2 life science majors, they'll just call it biology.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1266 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431