S
m
s
licarush licarush
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago Edited: 7 years ago, licarush
Hello,

I'm still trying to figure out how to define in layman's terms the true difference between bioinformatics, computational biology and biological computation? Bioinformatics seems to be, from what I have gathered, in simplest terms, is the creation of computer programs/computer algorithms to gather and analyze lots of biological data so humans don't have to go threw tons and tons of information to find what they are looking for, am I on the right track? As for what the other terms mean I'm not really sure even after looking them up. I'm into human life extension research so data mining is integral to my studies of finding relevant data. In the field of life extension I really need to know which one of those three terms is most pertinent in relation to life extension research, all of them or just one of them?  Basically I am asking the definition of those terms and will I need to study each thoroughly if I want to be a life extension researcher. I'm getting started early by researching on my own, and this kind of forum will be of great help in my studies of radical life extension for humans.
Read 225 times