e
s
s
e
Squirrel Squirrel
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
An adult client tells the nurse, No matter what I do, I never can make my parents happy with me or what I do in life.. Which of the following can the nurse do to assist this client's self-concept?

1. Suggest the client reduce the amount of time spent with parents
   2. Remind the client that she is an educated woman with a great career and good marriage
   3. Tell the client that she is too old to be listening to her parents
   4. Suggest the client turn the tables and express the same dissatisfaction with the parents
Read 50 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
2. Remind the client that she is an educated woman with a great career and good marriage

Rationale:
To improve or support the client's self-concept, the nurse needs to help the client identify strengths. Reminding the client about her education, career, and marriage is identifying strengths. Suggesting the client reduce time spent with parents, telling the client that she is too old to be listening to her parents, or suggesting the client express dissatisfaction with the parents are all inappropriate responses and do not help the client identify strengths.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  951 People Browsing
 161 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 447