a
t
i
r
Cookie12 Cookie12
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
During the holidays, the nurse is making a home health visit for a patient who previously lived with her sister for more than 20 years. Although it has been over than a year since her sister died, she tells the nurse,

It's no worse now than any other time; I never feel any relief from this overwhelming sadness. I still can't sleep a full night through. I know the house is a mess; I feel too tired to do anything, even to take a bath. You know, though, sometimes at night, she comes to me and I can see her plain as can be. The nurse observed the patient's clothing is not clean and that her hair is not combed. The patient is apparently not eating adequately. What can the nurse conclude? The patient is probably
  1) Grieving longer than usual because of the closeness of the relationship with her sister.
  2) Experiencing a depressive disorder rather than simply grieving the loss of her sister.
  3) Feeling guilt and worthlessness because her sister died and she is still alive.
  4) Interpreting the holiday as a trigger event, which is causing her to hallucinate.
Read 64 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
JR251203JR251203
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 4 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free