× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
Cookie12 Cookie12
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The patient was admitted with the diagnosis of a stroke. The patient experiences dysphagia and right side paralysis and needs assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs).

The nurse caring for the patient has assigned the task of feeding the patient to the new nursing assistant personnel (NAP), and is concerned about aspiration. The nurse knows additional teaching is necessary when NAP states which of the following? a. I will remind the patient to tilt the head backward when drinking fluids.
  b. Thin fluids like water and fruit juice will need to be thickened.
  c. I need to watch for pocketing food as I feed the patient.
  d. It will take much longer to feed the patient than it did before the stroke.
Read 39 times
1 Reply