Support Us

If you found our community helpful, your small donation will help us reach more students around the globe. You may also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
gee.amanda
wrote...
4 years ago
Does anyone know where i can find an answer key this exercise is so confusing!
  • Read 11417 times
  • 12 Replies
wrote...
Credits: 4976
4 years ago
Amanda, which part do you need assistance on? Which question?
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science (Biology)
- Bachelor of Education
topic author
Amanda
wrote...
4 years ago
activity 5
#9. i only need the effect of saline on the rats vertebral density
Activity 7
what recommendations would you make to a patient with an impaired FPG value who also tested in the impaired range with the oral glucose tolerance test?

Patient 3 is pregnant; how might this change the diagnosis? what recommendations would you make to this patient?
solved
wrote...
4 years ago
To view this post & more...
You'll need to login or register
According to my sources, exercise 4 is the Endocrine System Physiology

Activity 5: Hormone Replacement Therapy (pp. 49–50)

9. Student answers will vary.

12. T score (control): –2.7 ± 0.15

15. T score (estrogen): –2.0 ± 0.15

16. T score (calcitonin): –2.6 ± 0.15

17. Estrogen injections changed the rat’s T score from the osteoporosis range to the osteopenia range. The calcitonin injections had little to no effect on the rat.

Activity 7: Measuring Fasting Plasma Glucose (pp. 52–55)

20. Sample 1: glucose concentration of 95–105 mg/deciliter

23. Sample 2: glucose concentration of 110–120 mg/deciliter
Sample 3: glucose concentration of 126–136 mg/deciliter
Sample 4: glucose concentration of 115–125 mg/deciliter
Sample 5: glucose concentration of 135–145 mg/deciliter

Patient 1’s glucose reading was in the normal range.
Patient 3’s and Patient 5’s glucose readings were in the diabetic range.
Patient 2’s and 4’s glucose readings were in the impaired fasting glucose range.

A special diet would be recommended where simple sugars are restricted. The diagnosis would be gestational diabetes. A special diet would be recommended where simple sugars are restricted.

That's all...
- Bachelor of Education
topic author
Randi Grzesik
wrote...
4 years ago
I am working on the PhysioEx Exercise and I am in deep need of help.  Activity 1 #12, Activity 2 #7, Activity 3 #7 and Activity 4 #7.  Can somebody help ASAP?  Thank you.   Smile
wrote...
4 years ago
I am working on the PhysioEx Exercise and I am in deep need of help.  Activity 1 #12, Activity 2 #7, Activity 3 #7 and Activity 4 #7.  Can somebody help ASAP?  Thank you.   Smile

Randi, before I can assist you, you have to be a member and start your own topic.
- Bachelor of Education
topic author
Lauren
wrote...
4 years ago
I need help with exercise 4 activity 4 on the PhysioEx 8....Can anyone please help me? Huh?
wrote...
4 years ago
I need help with exercise 4 activity 4 on the PhysioEx 8....Can anyone please help me? Huh?

Lauren, before I can assist you, you have to be a member and start your own topic.
- Bachelor of Education
topic author
tigger too!
wrote...
4 years ago
Looking for key to exercise 4 activity 5-8.  Must grade papers for instructor tonight, thank you for any help possible.
topic author
smitty2
wrote...
4 years ago
is it possible to get assistance in the explaination of PhysioEX 8.0 exercise 7 sec 9. i do not understand how to explain the physiological reasons for emphysema ,acute asthma and acute asthmaattack breathing w/an inhaler.
wrote...
Credits: 3519
4 years ago
Yes, but start a new topic.
✓ Why won't you follow us on Twitter? Small Smiley
wrote...
Credits: 80
Rep:
0 0
3 years ago
@duddy  could you please help my with my questions please?  http://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=6535.msg22573#msg22573
wrote...
3 years ago
@duddy  could you please help my with my questions please?  http://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=6535.msg22573#msg22573

Do you still need help on it?
- Bachelor of Education