t
i
r
r
foxy10 foxy10
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
10) In each of the following situations, describe the sample space (i.e., possible outcomes) for the random phenomenon.
a) A seed is planted in the ground. It either germinates or fails to grow.

b) A patient with a usually fatal form of cancer is given a new treatment. The response variable is the length of time that the patient lives after treatment.

c) A student enrolls in a statistics course and at the end of the semester receives a letter grade.

d) A basketball player shoots four free throws. You record the sequence of hits and misses.

e) A basketball player shoots four free throws. You record the number of baskets she makes.

Note: (d) and (e) are different! In one case they are taking the "sequence" into account. Think about how that changes the question.
Read 711 times
2 Replies