t
i
r
r
LexDawg LexDawg
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I NEED HELP WITH THIS FORUM FOR MY ANTHROPOLGY CLASS MUST BE AT LEAST 200 WORDS... HELP PLEASE... THANKS  Frowning Face

Question: How is cultural change analogous to biological evolution? What important limitations are there to this analogy? In order to fully answer this question, consider issues of cultural innovation and cultural evolution.

Objectives examined:
* Examine the differences between cultural innovation and cultural diffusion
* Differentiate the theories of cultural evolution
* Develop a theory on the interplay between biology and culture in human development
* Appraise different cultures, at different levels of development, which are now undergoing the process of combining their traditional ways of life with changes imposed on them by the modern world
Source  Park, Chapter 13: Culture Change: Theories and Processes, p.327-342
Read 1340 times
1 Reply