f
j
b
c
Cookie12 Cookie12
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The nurse is in the process of conducting an admission interview with the patient. At one point in the discussion, the patient has provided information that the nurse would like to clarify.

Which of the following responses indicate that the nurse is using the technique of clarification? a. I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by that statement.
  b. The electrocardiogram records information about your heart's electrical activity.
  c. Let's look at the problem you have had with your medication at home.
  d. What's your biggest concern at the moment?
Read 78 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
A

Feedback
A Clarifying exists when the nurse checks whether understanding is accurate by restating an unclear message to clarify the sender's meaning, or by asking the other person to restate the message, explain further, or give an example of what the person means. The response, I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by that statement, indicates that the nurse wants to clarify what the patient is saying so that he or she can have an accurate understanding of what the patient means.
B The statement, The electrocardiogram records information about your heart's electrical activity, is an example of providing information, not clarification.
C The statement, Let's look at the problem you have had with your medication at home, is an example of focusing, not clarification.
D The question, What's your biggest concern at the moment?, is an example of sharing empathy, not of clarification.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1071 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 423