s
a
t
i
r
Krystenmcinnis Krystenmcinnis
wrote...
6 years ago
The nurse is providing care to a pregnant woman in preterm labor. The patient is 32 weeks pregnant. Initially, the patient states, I've gained 30 pounds. That should be enough for the baby. Everything will be okay if I deliver now.

After teaching the patient about fetal development, the nurse will know her teaching is effective if the patient makes which of the following statements?
  a. The baby's lungs are well developed now, but he will be at increased risk for SIDS if I deliver early.
  b. We should try to stop this labor now because the baby will be born with sleep apnea if I deliver this early.
  c. If I deliver this early my baby is at risk for respiratory distress syndrome, a condition that can be life threatening.
  d. Thanks for reassuring me; I was pretty sure there isn't much risk to the baby this far along in my pregnancy.
Read 101 times
1 Reply