× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
ehd123 ehd123
wrote...
Valued Member
8 years ago
Hello all Slight Smile Could someone please confirm the answers to these questions?

1 - Is the transcription initiation site the same as the translation initiation site? Explain (maximum of 3 lines).

2 - A gene can encode two different versions of the same protein by a mechanism known as:

3 - A particular tRNA carries a specific amino acid. What is the actor responsible for this specific charging?

4 - Does a cDNA contain introns ? Justify your answer (maximum of3 lines).

5 - What are the roles of the 5'-cap and the 3' poly-Atail? (maximumof3 lines).

6 - If thymine constitutes 15% of bases of a given DNA, what will be the percentage of cytosine?

7 - Whatare the two possible molecular tools usedto screen a DNA library (cDNA and/or . ) ? genonuc ..

8 - What is the cause of the formation of a 47,XYY karyotype? (maximum of 3 lines).

9 - What would be the consequences (in terms of genetic information) of a non-corrected error during: a- replicationof an exonof a givengene? (maximumof 3 lines). b- transcriptionof the samegene? (maximumof 3 lines).
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 681 times
3 Replies
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience
PhD. Candidate in Neuroscience