a
t
i
r
Raya Raya
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A nurse has just transferred from a general psychiatric unit to work on a forensic psychiatric unit.

The nurse finds it easier to communicate with these clients because, for the most part, their inappropriate behaviors and cognitive disorders have responded positively to treatment. Many of the clients have been on the unit for 3 or more years, and the nurse has been unable to note any indicators of psychiatric problems in several of the clients. The nurse has grown exceptionally close to one client who has gone out of his way to make the nurse feel welcome and appreciated. One afternoon in December, the client asks the nurse for her address so he can send her a Christmas card. Which response by the nurse would be most appropriate?
  A) Sure, let me write it down for you; it would be great to hear from you.
  B) I read that you molested a 4-year-old girl. I have a 2-year-old child. I would be crazy to give you my address.
  C) We need to get to know each other better before I would feel comfortable about giving you my address.
  D) It is inappropriate for me to give you my address because our relationship is professional rather than social.
Read 60 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
Jryan7Jryan7
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free