t
i
r
r
Tylerkennett Tylerkennett
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A judge notices that many of the persons brought before her criminal court are mentally ill people who have committed minor offenses, are off their medications, and who probably offended because of their illness.

She consults the nurse director of the local community mental health center for guidance about how to most helpfully respond when handling such cases. Which advice from the nurse would be most appropriate? a. Sometimes a little time in jail makes a person rethink what they've been doing and puts them back on the right track..
  b. Sentencing such persons to participate in treatment instead of incarcerating them has been shown to reduce repeat offenses..
  c. Actually, police arresting these people helps them in the long run; sometimes I can't hospitalize them, but in jail they'll at least get their meds..
  d. Research suggests that special mental health courts' aren't making much of a difference so far, but outpatient commitment does seem to help..
Read 64 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
nyke50@yahoo.conyke50@yahoo.co
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 120 words.