f
b
d
h
Mike007 Mike007
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Hi I need help developing two experiments that are compatible with sea urchins. The hypothesis is piRNA are  involved in neurogenesis? Design TWO experiments that will help identify neurogenic gene targets that are regulated by piRNAs?

I have no clue  how to construct  the experiments. I need to have this done by Sunday. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Read 379 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
You could try Morpholinos targeting piRNA and look at the effect of the knockdown on neurogenesis.  Sorry I didn't get this to you sooner, I just found your post. 

Morpholinos and piRNA
Houwing S, Kamminga LM, Berezikov E, Cronembold D, Girard A, van den Elst H, Filippov DV, Blaser H, Raz E, Moens CB, Plasterk RH, Hannon GJ, Draper BW, Ketting RF. A role for Piwi and piRNAs in germ cell maintenance and transposon silencing in Zebrafish. Cell. 2007 Apr 6;129(1):69-82.

Recent paper using Morpholinos in sea urchins
Warner JF, McClay DR. Perturbations to the hedgehog pathway in sea urchin embryos. Methods Mol Biol. 2014;1128:211-21. doi: 10.1007/978-1-62703-974-1_14.
Jon Moulton
Gene Tools LLC
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1022 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 302