a
t
i
r
Tuesday! Tuesday!
wrote...
Rep: 5 1
7 years ago
Discuss the pattern of divorce over the last century in the United States.  What do sociologists predict will happen in the future?
Textbook 
Social Problems

Social Problems

Edition: 10th
Authors:
Read 164 times
1 Reply
Using Social Problems, 10th

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
10 months ago
According to the Bowling Green State University National Center for Family & Marriage Research, the percentage of ever-married women who were currently married decreased from 83% in 1900 to 67% in 2018. Among ever-married women, the percentage currently separated/divorced increased since 1900 from less than 1% to 21% in 20181.

In the last century, the rate of divorce stayed at a very low 0.3 divorces per 1,000 Americans. The rest of the century, the annual rate steadily increased to 0.7 divorces for every 1,000 people. However, divorce in America has been falling fast in recent years and it just hit a record low in 2019. For every 1,000 marriages in the last year, only 14.9 ended in divorce according to the newly released American Community Survey data from the Census Bureau.

As for what sociologists predict will happen in the future, I’m afraid I don’t have that information. Would you like me to look up more information on this topic?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1280 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?