a
t
i
r
sweetangel sweetangel
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
These are my questions. Would any one answer for me. I want to compare answers to my own written answers. Thanks.

1. Identify and explain the type of natural selection that accounts for the evolution of the hallow bone of birds, which make flight possible.

2. How might the fragmentation affect the evolution of a large mammal, like a moose, compared to a small invertebrate, like a worm?
Read 6224 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Directional selection: The types are stabilizing, directional, and disruptive. It's directional because if you think about it, the lighter the bones are the better adapted the bird will be, so natural selection will just keep selecting for the lightest bones out of every generation. This will cause the average bone weight to get progressively lighter over generations.
wrote...
12 years ago
2. How might the fragmentation affect the evolution of a large mammal, like a moose, compared to a small invertebrate, like a worm?

Evolution occurs when there are changes in the frequencies of alleles within a population of interbreeding organisms; for example, the allele for black color in a population of moths becoming more common. So if the resources of a forest are breaking up, and group of a species of plant or animal is naturally selected by the environment, and those surviving species interbreed and evolution would be affected that way. Small horned moose might be naturally selected over small horned moose. A worm that survives in warm soil might be naturally selected over a worm that survives in cold soil.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1237 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352