× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
H
O
Matty0132 Matty0132
wrote...
13 years ago
5.  In a population of 100 corn plants, 9 are albino.  How many of the green plants are heterozygous?  Show all work. 
Thank you in advance.
Read 1497 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Hey Matty0132, doesn't this ultimately depend on what the parents were? If they were heterozygous, then the equation would be 100 - 9 [albino] - 9 [homozygous] = the number of heterozygous corns. That would be 82.

Were you provided extra information? Thinking Face
Matty0132 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
No, Bio_Man. That was exactly the way the question was worded. Maybe the point is to see if we know that it depends on what the parents are. I guess that is how I will answer it.
Thank you so much for all your help over the past few months, Bio_Man. You have really helped me to (hopefully, I try not to take anything for granted) get through a subject that I really just seem to have no aptitude for. I just wanted to say thank you and let you know that I apreciate what you do helping folks like myself. Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
I really just seem to have no aptitude for. I just wanted to say thank you and let you know that I apreciate what you do helping folks like myself. Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration

That made me laugh Smiling Face with Open Mouth; you're welcome Matty, GL with your studies. Reply back if you need further assistance.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  929 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 336

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?