f
b
d
h
Patrpe3 Patrpe3
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A mother has just given birth to a baby boy. A nurse notes that the infant has a cleft palate and low-set, malformed ears. The mother is upset and wants to know what is wrong with her baby. The nurse's most appropriate answer would be

a. Do you recall any medications that you took during the second trimester of your pregnancy?
  b. Please don't be concerned, a cleft palate is not that uncommon and can be fixed.
  c. It is important that I take a medication history from you concerning medications that you took, if any, during your first trimester.
  d. Did you take any medications or herbal products during your last trimester?
Read 46 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
C
A cleft palate, low-set, malformed ears, and deafness typically are the result of teratogens con-sumed during the first trimester; therefore taking an accurate and complete medication history is important.
Telling the patient not to worry is condescending and does not validate her feelings.
A cleft palate would not develop during the second trimester, because the mouth and gut are formed at 7 to 12 weeks' gestation.
A cleft palate would not develop during the third trimester, because the mouth and gut are formed at 7 to 12 weeks' gestation.
Patrpe3 Author
wrote...
6 years ago
Exactly what I needed for my quiz
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1051 People Browsing
 116 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?