a
t
i
r
shannerellyce shannerellyce
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Does anyone have an answer key to physio9.0 Exercises Question Mark I am having major sugary in a week and have no time at all to double check my answers any other way. Please help  Neutral Face
Read 2361 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
What question are you stuck on?
Biology!
shannerellyce Author
wrote...
12 years ago
I bought a used book.... BAD MOVE! I am doing exercise 1 activity 1-5..... but these pages are gone!
wrote...
12 years ago
I bought a used book.... BAD MOVE! I am doing exercise 1 activity 1-5..... but these pages are gone!

Just post what the question is asking and it will be answered, that's how it works on this forum Slight Smile
Biology!
shannerellyce Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Activity 1
     1. Describe two variables that effect the rate of diffusion
     2. Why do you think the urea was not able o diffuse the 20 MWCO membrane
     3. Describe the results of the attempts to diffuse glucose and albumin through the 20 MWCO membrane
     4. Put the following in order from smallest to largest molecular weight: glucose, sodium, chloride, albumin, and urea
Activity 2
     1. explain one way in which facilitated diffusion is the same as simple diffusion and one way it differs
     2. The larger value obtained when more glucose carriers were present corresponds to an increase in the rate of glucose transport. explain why the rate increased.
     3. Explain your prediction for the effect NA C1 might have on glucose transport. In other words explain why you picked the choice you did.
Activity 3
     1. Explain the effects that increasing the Na+c1 concentration had on osmotic pressure and why it has this effect.
     2. Describe one way in which osmosis is similar to simple diffusion and one way it differs.
     3. solutes are sometimes measured in mlliosmoles. Explain the statement water chases milliosmoles
     4.the conditions were 9mM albumin in the left beaker and 10 mM glucose in the right beaker with the 200 MWCO membrane in place. explain the results
Activity 4
    1. Explain in your own words why increasing the pore size increased the filtration rate use analogy to support your statement
    2. which solute did not appear in the filtration rate using any of the membranes explain why
    3. why did the pressure increase the filtration rate but not the concentration of solutes
Activity 5
    1. describe the significance of using 9mM aodium chloride inside the cell and 6 mM potassium chloride outside the cell instead of the other concentration rations
    2. explain why there was no sodium transport even through ATP was present.
    3. do you think glucose is being actively transported by facilitated diffusion in the experiment explain your answer     
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1266 People Browsing
Gallery

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370