g
j
barathvaj barathvaj
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
12 years ago
What is secondary metabolite ? Neutral Face

What is Primary metabolite ?

Why Bacterium dies when the 2' metabolite concentration is more in the soil? Face with Rolling Eyes
Read 757 times
2 Replies
~Bv ram~I'm a student for all those who teaches

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
Let's do one at a time.

What is secondary metabolite ?

Secondary metabolites are organic compounds that are not directly involved in the normal growth, development, or reproduction of an organism. Unlike primary metabolites, absence of secondary metabolities does not result in immediate death, but rather in long-term impairment of the organism's survivability, fecundity, or aesthetics, or perhaps in no significant change at all. Secondary metabolites are often restricted to a narrow set of species within a phylogenetic group. Secondary metabolites often play an important role in plant defense against herbivory and other interspecies defenses. Humans use secondary metabolites as medicines, flavorings, and recreational drugs.

hat is Primary metabolite ?

A primary metabolite is a kind of metabolite that is directly involved in normal growth, development, and reproduction. Conversely, a secondary metabolite is not directly involved in those processes, but usually has an important ecological function.

Why Bacterium dies when the 2' metabolite concentration is more in the soil?

The secondary metabolite could be poisonous to the bacterium; in other words, it may not have the ability to metabolize the secondary metabolite.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
barathvaj Author
wrote...
12 years ago
oh!, then Can I say " 2' metabolites is a unwanted product released during the metabolic process "?

2' Metabolite have no vital functions like helping the growth or development,etc,Is it common for all the 2' metabolites . I mean did 2' metabolite released from both the plant and bacteria have same characteristics?

2' metabolites are produced to stabilize the surrounding environment? is it right?

Can you help me in better understanding about 2' metabolites?
~Bv ram~I'm a student for all those who teaches
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1635 People Browsing
Gallery

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 303

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?