a
t
i
r
TacticalMilsim TacticalMilsim
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
I have been searching all throughout the internet but I cannot find the where Darwin's 4 Basics concepts of Natural selection are. Could someone please list them for me please? Would be very much appreciated.
Read 361 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
1. Individual show variation

2. Variations can be inherited

3. Organisms produce more offspring then can survive

4. Variations that increase success will be more likely to be passed on to future generations
wrote...
9 years ago
1. the individual organisms that make up a population vary in the traits they possess, such as their size and shape. 2. some of the trait differences are heritable, meaning that they are passed on to offspring genetically.3. in each generation, many more offspring are produced than can possibly survive. thus, only some individuals in the population survive long enough to produce offspring and among the individual that produce offspring, some will produce more than others.4. the subset of individuals that survive best and produce the most offspring is not a random sample of the population. instead individuals with certain heritable traits are more likely to survive and reproduce. natural selection occurs when individuals with certain characteristics produce more offspring than do individuals without those characteristics. the individuals are selected naturally - meaning by the environment. biological science - scott freeman

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1217 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?