j
l
d
y
sugarbear12 sugarbear12
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Explain the function of the pentose pathway.

Explain the function of the homelactic pathway.
Read 2854 times
8 Replies
Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
The function of the pentose pathway is to produce REDOX potential in the form of NADPH and a pentose phosphate that is used for nucleotide synthesis. Also, a four-carbon intermediate, E4P, is used as a biosynthetic precursor for amino acid synthesis.
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
12 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.

Related Topics

wrote...
12 years ago
Hi... to supply pentoses and NADPH
sugarbear12 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
The notes are so awesome! Thanks for the replies people! Smiling Face with Open Mouth
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
The notes are so awesome! Thanks for the replies people! Smiling Face with Open Mouth

Glad I can help Wink Face
sugarbear12 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Sorry, I need to know how to make this relevant-I cannot get it to stick. So, I thought the pentose pathway was an alternative pathway to to glycolysis. I want to understand from a biological perspective why this pathway is important minus the mechanism. Somebody help me!
wrote...
12 years ago
Sorry, I need to know how to make this relevant-I cannot get it to stick. So, I thought the pentose pathway was an alternative pathway to to glycolysis. I want to understand from a biological perspective why this pathway is important minus the mechanism. Somebody help me!

It's to get more starting molecules for glycolysis to take place.
~Live well, laugh often, and love with all of your heart!~
wrote...
12 years ago
Explain the function of the homelactic pathway.

In homolactic fermentation, one molecule of glucose is ultimately converted to two molecules of lactic acid. Heterolactic fermentation, in contrast, yields carbon dioxide and ethanol in addition to lactic acid, in a process called the phosphoketolase pathway.
~Live well, laugh often, and love with all of your heart!~
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1212 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion