a
t
i
r
efj4422 efj4422
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
3 years ago
1. What does this statement mean? “sometimes we have to restrict freedom to maintain the conditions that make us free?”
Read 66 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
sometimes we have to restrict freedom to maintain the conditions that make us free

For example, the 10 commandments. These commandments technically limit our freedom; we're not free to steal, commit adultery, or kill. But by applying these rules, we live happier, and in turn, free from guilt, pain, suffering, etc. The same law can be applied to any rule set forth by the government.
efj4422 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
For the answer to this question, I stated "While many would say that in their lives, people should be free to do what they wish, given that we are autonomous people. It is important to note that the existence of these laws, which are applicable fairly to all, the laws still respect and uphold the human rights and liberties of people, such as freedom and equality, does not limit our freedom." would you agree to that/or does it make sense to you?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Yes, the statement makes sense. I think it summarizes what I stated
efj4422 Author
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, efj4422
alright, thank you
Post Merge: 3 years ago

How can this be related to the case of euthanasia?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1350 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145