K
g
L
w
robsoria1 robsoria1
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The nurse is teaching a class on vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC). Which participant statement indicates that additional information is needed?

1. Because my hospital is so small and in a rural area, they will not let me attempt a VBAC.
  2. Since the scar on my belly goes down from my navel, I am not a candidate for a VBAC.
  3. The rate of complications from VBAC is lower than the rate of complications from a cesarean.
  4. My first baby was in a breech position, so this pregnancy I can try a VBAC if the baby is head-down.
Read 45 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Explanation:
1. A repeat cesarean must be able to be performed immediately to safely attempt a VBAC. Many small and rural hospitals do not have surgical and anesthesia staff available at night or on weekends and holidays, and therefore do not allow clients to have a VBAC.
2. Skin incision is not indicative of uterine incision. Only the uterine incision is a factor in deciding if VBAC is advisable. Classic vertical incisions on the uterus have a higher rate of rupture and should not be attempted.
3. The incidence of uterine rupture is 0.5 to 0.9. Women who have a successful VBAC have lower incidences of infection, less blood loss, fewer blood transfusions, and shorter hospital stays.
4. Nonrepeating conditions such as any nonvertex presentation might make VBAC a viable option as long as this pregnancy is vertex.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  996 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 146