a
t
i
r
aq__t aq__t
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The nurse is explaining to a new prenatal patient that the certified nursemidwife will perform clinical pelvimetry as a part of the pelvic exam.

The nurse knows that teaching has been successful when the patient states, The certified nursemidwife will perform this examination because: 1. It will help us know how big a baby I can deliver vaginally.
  2. Doing this exam is a part of prenatal care at this clinic.
  3. My sister had both of her babies by cesarean.
  4. I am pregnant with my first child.
Read 51 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Rationale 1: Clinical pelvimetry is an estimate of the diameter of the pelvis the baby fits through during birth. The estimated size of the pelvis helps estimate what size fetus the patient can deliver vaginally.
Rationale 2: Although this is a true statement, the estimation of the pelvis size is a better indication of the patient's understanding.
Rationale 3: Knowing that the patient's sister had her babies by cesarean would not indicate that the patient understood the teaching.
Rationale 4: Clinical pelvimetry is done with the first pregnancy, but the patient's stating that this is her first child does not indicate that the patient understood the teaching.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1314 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4