a
t
i
r
aphalfi aphalfi
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A 28-year-old male who is 611 tall has a diagnosis of acromegaly. The man is explaining to a curious but sympathetic coworker exactly what accounts for his extraordinary height.

Which of the following explanations demonstrates a sound understanding of his health problem?
  A)
  My pituitary gland produced a much higher than normal amount of growth hormone when I was a child.
  B)
  A tumor in my brain threw off my hormone levels after I was finished adolescence.
  C)
  My liver is malfunctioning and produces too many of the hormones that ultimately cause growth.
  D)
  The high sugar levels that go along with my diabetes made my pituitary gland overproduce the hormones that cause you to grow.
Read 24 times
1 Reply