s
a
t
i
r
scandal scandal
wrote...
9 years ago
Does that the fact we organized living things into of Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, and Specie long before the idea of evolution was accepted have anything to do with the success of the theory?

Generally those animals that have fur and mammary glands are in the Class 'Mammalia.' Humans are mammals. Canis familiaris is the scientific name for the domesticate dog. We are Homo sapiens. Dogs are also mammals.

Why is a doggy be more like me and than a snake?

Does this characterization of "Life" lead us to a theory of evolution?
Read 235 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Does that the fact we organized living things into of Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, and Specie long before the idea of evolution was accepted have anything to do with the success of the theory?

Yes, since it allowed us to compare similarities and differences in anatomical features found in animals belonging to different classes, orders, families, etc.

Generally those animals that have fur and mammary glands are in the Class 'Mammalia.' Humans are mammals. Canis familiaris is the scientific name for the domesticate dog. We are Homo sapiens. Dogs are also mammals.

Why is a doggy be more like me and than a snake?

For those exact same reasons, we share similar traits, like possession of mammary glands, hair, etc. These traits are not found in reptiles, such as snakes.

Does this characterization of "Life" lead us to a theory of evolution?

Yes, but there's more to evolution, we need to consider natural selection to full understand the process.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1280 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?