f
j
b
c
Lordern Lordern
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
A nurse on a busy medical-surgical floor is always willing to help out any patient or staff when asked.

She passes food trays, empties bed pans, and even runs errands to pharmacy. Although a pleasant co-worker, she becomes stressed when her own work falls behind, resulting in a decreased job satisfaction. The nurse's behavior type is:
  a. self-contained.
  b. open and accepting.
  c. indirect.
  d. direct.

A nurse takes a day to travel to a state park where she can sit by the river alone to reflect over recent events and put things into perspective.

She recalls the time she was complimented for her ability to deal with a difficult patient and another time when she was criticized for lack of teamwork. This nurse is improving which source of energy?
  a. Emotional
  b. Spiritual
  c. Physical
  d. Mental

A nurse realizes that much time is wasted during shift report when co-workers discuss personal items such as recent movies or department store sales. Which statement would help with time management during this critical interaction?

a. Let's talk only about one movie you recently watched.
  b. I like to know about department store sales, but we need to get through this report, so let's talk about sales as we walk between patient rooms.
  c. I know your shift has been busy. What went wrong?
  d. I have the list of patients; let's start with revisions to the plan of care and scheduled activities for the next shift.

An experienced nurse volunteers to serve on a task force intended to improve the quality of care because she possesses excellent patient care skills and has selected a career goal of working in quality management.

However, the nurse is unable to concentrate on any one task or issue and is unable to view the health care milieu sensibly. Which source of energy is missing in this nurse?
  a. Physical
  b. Mental
  c. Spiritual
  d. Emotional
Read 63 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
ZheroZhero
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 7 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 570 words.