C
z
k
d
Tala Tala
wrote...
13 years ago
Hi everyone.

Can anyone tell me about a biological experiment lifecycle?
I mean step by step - what is done, what is written (where do you take all the encodings such as CellLine is MCF7). What tools are used to document the steps and results?
Do you use just Notepad or Word and Excel?  Neutral Face
Read 1471 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago Edited: 13 years ago, bio_man
Are you wondering how to culture the MCF-7 cell line?

Just want to confirm before I answer your question.
Tala Author
wrote...
13 years ago
no-no. that was just an example.  Slight Smile
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
no-no. that was just an example.  Slight Smile

Alright cool. So what is it that you want to be answered? lol
LibertyMan Author
wrote...
13 years ago
I think the question is...

Can anyone tell me about a biological experiment lifecycle?
I mean step by step - what is done, what is written. What tools are used to document the steps and results?
Do you use just Notepad or Word and Excel? 
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago Edited: 13 years ago, duddy
The fact that you use the term life-cycle kind of throws me off Slight Smile. All experiments build off of previous knowledge and understanding of the topic being investigated. First, you must have a question, i.e. How do changes in substrate concentration, enzyme concentration, and environmental factors, such as temperature and pH, affect the rate of enzyme activity? Then you form a hypothesis (which is an educated guess based on previous knowledge. You then make predictions, i.e. you predict the effect that a change in temperature will have on the rate of catalase activity. You next conduct the experiment using some sort of experimental design, record your results, analyze your results,  evaluate your results for validity, and finally communicate your results by writing down what it means as a discussion or conclusion.

In science, a hypothesis is a tentative answer to a well-framed question-an explanation on trial. It is usually an educated guess, based on experience and on the data available from discovery science. A scientific hypothesis leads to predictions that can be tested by making additional observations or by performing experiments.
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  962 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145