× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
seterria seterria
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Imagine that I have a jar that contains 20 black poker chips and 40 red poker chips. What is the probability of selecting a red poker chip followed by a black poker chip?

What will be an ideal response?

Who is acting as a confederate?

a. Hannah, who thinks she has guessed what the real purpose of the study is and tells everyone else
  b. Aisha, who signs up for every research study she can
 c. Jay, who pretends to be a research participant even though he is actually working with the experimenter
  d. Mikael, a research participant who decides on his own to mess with other participants

Drew believes that individuals with higher levels of social anxiety will be more likely to spend more time on social media. He defines social anxiety levels as scores on a common test of social anxiety. In defining it as a test score, Drew has ____ social anxiety.

a. hypothesized about
  b. analyzed
 c. theorized about
 d. operationalized

Imagine that I have a jar that contains20 black poker chips and 40 red poker chips. What is the probability of selecting a red poker chip or a black poker chip?

A researcher who tells participants that a questionnaire is measuring political attitudes when in fact it is measuring racial prejudices, is committing ____.

a. active deception
 b. passive deception
  c. fraud
 d. plagiarism

The act of translating a construct into its manifestation is called ____.

a. hypothesizing
 b. statistical analysis
  c. theorizing
 d. operationalization

Imagine that I have a jar that contains 20 black poker chips and 40 red poker chips. What is the probability of selecting a black poker chip?

A researcher who deliberately omits informing participants about the true intent of a questionnaire is committing ____.

a. active deception
 b. passive deception
  c. fraud
 d. plagiarism

The central issue being addressed in a study is called the ____.

a. null hypothesis
 b. research question
 c. theoretical construct
  d. operationalization

Imagine that I have a jar that contains20 black poker chips and 40 red poker chips. What is the probability of selecting a red poker chip?

Read 837 times
1 Reply