a
t
i
r
jnote01 jnote01
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Diagnoses documented as probable, suspected, or questionable are _____.
 a. reported in all settings b. reported in outpatient settings
  c. reported by physician choice d. reported in the inpatient setting

(Q. 2) Ruptured thoracic aortic aneurysm is reported with code _____.
 a. I71.00 b. I71.1
  c. I71.2 d. I71.8

(Q. 3) Skilled nursing facility note: Patient was seen today at the request of the charge nurse. Patient is observed to be restless and agitated. There are no abnormal findings on examination. If the patient continues to experience these symptoms for more than 24 hours, I will reexamine him..

(Q. 4) In the outpatient setting, the term first-listed diagnosis is used in lieu of _____ diagnosis.
 a. first-referenced b. primary
  c. principal d. final

(Q. 5) When coding the phrase ruptured aneurysm of carotid artery, extracranial portion, the main term to reference in the index is _____.
 a. ruptured b. aneurysm
  c. carotid d. extracranial

(Q. 6) Emergency department note: This 59-year-old with no known history any pathology was brought to the ED and pronounced dead upon arrival.. This case would be reported with code ____________________.
 Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

(Q. 7) Which section of the ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting includes guidelines for the selection of principal diagnosis for nonoutpatient settings?
 a. Section I b. Section II
  c. Section III d. Section IV

(Q. 8) Varicose veins are enlarged veins in or near the anus.
 a. True
  b. False
 Indicate whether the statement is true or false

(Q. 9) Emergency department note: Sarah presents to the ER today due to fainting. She has fainted on a number of occasions due to a drop in her blood pressure. Previous workup has not indicated any cardiovascular diseases. At this time her blood pressure is 125/80 . I am referring her to a cardiologist for additional testing.. This encounter would be reported with code(s) ____________________.
 Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

(Q. 10) Which of the following is not a member of the Cooperating Parties for ICD-10-CM?
 a. AHA b. AMA
  c. AHIMA d. CMS
Read 37 times
1 Reply