a
t
i
r
Spam839656 Spam839656
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The quantity of work equal to one joule is also equivalent to which of the following?
 a. watt
  c. watt  s
  b. watt /s
  d. watt /s2

[Ques. 2] A repelling force must occur between two charged objects under which conditions?
 a. Charges are of equal magnitude.
  c. Charges are of unequal magnitude.
  b. Charges are of unlike signs.
  d. Charges are of like signs.

[Ques. 3] How fast would a 1000-kg car be traveling if it had a kinetic energy equal to 1000 Calories?
 a. 91 m/s
  c. 12 m/s
  b. 2.9 m/s
  d. 8 m/s

[Ques. 4] Doug rubs a piece of fur on a hard rubber rod, giving the rod a negative charge. What happens?
 a. Protons are removed from the rod. c. Electrons are added to the rod. b. The fur is left neutral.
  d. The fur is also charged negatively.

[Ques. 5] A block is projected with speed v across a horizontal surface and slides to a stop due to friction. The same block is then projected with the same speed v up an incline where it slides to a stop due to friction. In which case did the total mechanical energy of the block decrease the least?
 a. This problem cannot be solved since it was not indicated whether the horizontal surface and the incline both had the same coefficient of kinetic friction.
  b. The case on the horizontal surface had the least decrease in total mechanical energy.
  c. The case on the inclined surface had the least decrease in total mechanical energy.
  d. In both cases the decrease in mechanical energy was the same.

[Ques. 6] The laws of thermodynamics can be related to the following: (i) the measurement of temperature, (ii) the lowest temperature possible, (iii) conservation of energy, and (iv) only part of heat energy available may be turned into work. Which of these involve the zeroth and third law?
 a. (i) and (ii)
  c. (i) and (iii)
  b. (ii) and (iv)
  d. (iii) and (iv)

[Ques. 7] A Hooke's law spring is compressed a distance d and is used to launch a particle of mass m vertically to a height h above its starting position. Under double the compression, the spring is now used to launch a particle of mass 2 m. How high does the second mass rise above its starting position?
 a. h
  c. 3h
  b. 2h
  d. 4h

[Ques. 8] The laws of thermodynamics can be related to the following: (i) the measurement of temperature, (ii) the lowest temperature possible, (iii) conservation of energy, and (iv) only part of heat energy available may be turned into work. Which of these involve the first and second law?
 a. (i) and (ii)
  c. (i) and (iii)
  b. (ii) and (iv)
  d. (iii) and (iv)

[Ques. 9] A Hooke's law spring is compressed a distance d and is used to launch a mass m vertically to a height h above its starting position. Under double the compression, the spring is now used to launch the mass. How high does the mass now rise above its starting position?
 a. 2h
  c. 3h
  b. 1.41h
  d. 4h

[Ques. 10] You have a P-V diagram for a device going through a cyclic process forming a closed loop on the diagram. How can you tell from the diagram whether the device is acting as a heat engine and not as a refrigerator?
 a. The loop is longer than it is high which means it is acting as a refrigerator.
  b. The loop is higher than it is long which means it is acting as a refrigerator.
  c. The loop proceeds clockwise which means it is acting as a heat engine.
  d. The loop proceeds counterclockwise which means it is acting as a heat engine.
Read 61 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
BetardsamereBetardsamere
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free