a
t
i
r
boeing boeing
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
Woke up this morning with sore throat and runny nose. The sore throat has gotten worse but I got the runny nose under control with some dayquil. I have had a flu shot and what I have now does not fell flu like; I dont ache anywhere.
Is a cold a bacterial or viral infection? I have some different types of perscription antiboitics left over and I am trying to decide which to take. Are most antibiotics specific to bacterial or viral; as in taking an antibiotic for a viral infection wont do anything if the infection is actually bacterial?
Read 1358 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Best way to tell is by looking at your tonsils at the back of your throat. If the tissue is thick and inflamed (i.e. red and fat), it's bacterial. If not, its a virus.
boeing Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
What ever I have has gone into my chest now. I seem to have an endless supply of mucas which seems to coming from my lungs. Not to gross anyone out but when I blow my nose I can actually feel and hear mucas being pulled up from my lungs as I blow my nose rather forcefully.

I am a little worried about pneumonia but I dont know what the symptom differences are. I just know that I am very conjusted and it feels like an elephant is standing on my chest.
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
13 years ago
What ever I have has gone into my chest now. I seem to have an endless supply of mucas which seems to coming from my lungs. Not to gross anyone out but when I blow my nose I can actually feel and hear mucas being pulled up from my lungs as I blow my nose rather forcefully.

I am a little worried about pneumonia but I dont know what the symptom differences are. I just know that I am very conjusted and it feels like an elephant is standing on my chest.

not pneumonia. what r ur symptoms? any aches?
boeing Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
Symptoms are: runny nose, sore throat, caugh(loose), chest pressure, wheezing sound as I breath, and like I said ALOT of mucas. I do not ache anywhere and nothing really hurts except my chest; breathing and caughing hurts almost as if a ton of bricks was on my chest.
Seems like a really bad cold to me; I just never had one with what feels like so much fluid in my lungs.
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
13 years ago
Seems like a really bad cold to me; I just never had one with what feels like so much fluid in my lungs.

That's wat i had in mind, that coupled with a bacterial infection to the throat. a double whammy Frowning Face
wrote...
13 years ago
bacteria infection!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1232 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352