c
p
M
a
heyoplshelp heyoplshelp
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The Jackson Springs Coal Mine recently discovered that the mine was contaminating the local drinking water. Cleaning up the mine and the surrounding areas would probably bankrupt the mine, causing the loss of hundreds of local jobs, but doing nothing would endanger the health of the community. The mine faces a serious ____ decision.
 A) business
  B) ethical
  C) environmental
  D) social responsibility
  E) cost

Question 2 - The total amount received from the sales of a product is referred to as
 A) total revenue.
  B) the breakeven quantity.
  C) variable sales.
  D) market revenue.
  E) marginal revenue.

Question 3 - George Brown is a regional sales manager for Unisys, a large manufacturer of computer systems. As such, George is responsible for salespeople throughout the region, and he must interact with them frequently to solve problems. Which of the following descriptions is most characteristic of Unisys and its sales managers?
 A) Wide span of management control and flat organizational height
  B) Narrow span of management control and flat organizational height
  C) Wide span of management control and tall organizational height
  D) Narrow span of management control and tall organizational height
  E) Low administrative costs and clear communication

Question 4 - Which of these alternative work schedules allows two professionals to form a partnership to do one job?
 A) teleworking
  B) job sharing
  C) flextime
  D) compressed workweek

Question 5 - XYZ Coffee

Nancy is a highly respected person within her community. She is Hispanic in a largely Caucasian-populated area. Since Nancy was looking for a new job, she went to a new company in the area called XYZ Coffee, where she applied for a position. After the interview, Nancy felt confident that she would be hired because of her qualifications. However, she did not get a call back. Initially, Nancy did not think twice about it, but she felt differently when she visited the same coffee store later to purchase something for a friend. The company had hired an inexperienced Caucasian male with a history of unemployment. At this point, Nancy was quite aggravated, but she left the issue alone.

She ended up asking an associate for an espresso machine. The employee informed Nancy where the machine was located and retrieved it for her. Nancy asked if there were any other espresso machines of higher quality. When the associate said no, Nancy purchased the item and left. After she gave the gift to her friend, she noticed a much better quality espresso machine that someone else had given her. Nancy asked where they had purchased it, and they responded, XYZ Coffee.

Refer to XYZ Coffee. Nancy's right to product options in buying an espresso machine is known as
 A) caveat emptor.
  B) consumerism.
  C) affirmative action.
  D) social audit.
  E) business ethics.

Question 6 - The number of units that must be sold for the total revenue to equal the total cost is called the ____ quantity.
 A) breakeven
  B) stabilization
  C) intersect
  D) parity
  E) equalization

Question 7 - Mr. Kerr will manage employees throughout the northwestern region of the United States. His employees will consist of most major nationalities and both males and females. In determining his span of control, you should consider which of the following span factors?
 A) The percentage of females
  B) The percentage of minorities
  C) The percentage with college degrees
  D) The percentage who do not have college degrees
  E) Whether the subordinates are physically located far from one another
Read 75 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
cats123cats123
wrote...
Rep: 4 0