a
t
i
r
miguelb80 miguelb80
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
What are the biggest advantages the U.S. has over the EU in terms of being an Optimum Currency Area?

A) low mobility of labor, higher labor productivity, lower level of intra-regional trade
  B) high unionization of U.S. Labor force
  C) high mobility of labor force, more transfer payments between regions
  D) higher uniformity of population's taste in consumption
  E) more specialized labor force and natural resource advantages

Question 2 - Under floating rates, the economy is more vulnerable to shocks coming from the domestic money market. Discuss.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 3 - How were the initial members of EMU chosen? How will new members be admitted? What is the structure of the complex of financial and political institutions that govern economic policy in the euro zone?

What will be an ideal response?
Read 30 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
[ 1 ]  C

[ 2 ]  The statement is true. Under floating rates, a rise in real domestic money demand causes income to fall and to an appreciation of the domestic currency. If the rise in real domestic money supply is permanent, it will lead eventually to a fall in the home price level.
Under a fixed exchange rate, the change in real money demand does not affect the economy at all. To prevent the home currency from appreciating, the central bank buys foreign reserves with domestic money until the real money supply rises by an amount equal to the rise in real money demand. This intervention has the effect of preventing any change in output or the price level.

[ 3 ]  EU countries should satisfy:
(1 ) Low inflation rate (no more than 1.5 percent above the average of the three EU member states with the lowest inflation).
(2 ) A stable exchange rate within the ERM.
(3 ) Public-sector deficit no higher than 3 percent of its GDP in general.
(4 ) A public debt below or approaching a reference level of 60 percent of its GDP.
miguelb80 Author
wrote...
6 years ago
I know this sounds cliche, but I was thinking the same thing for each of these. Thanks for confirming Slight Smile
wrote...
6 years ago
I'm sure Wink Face Thanks for your honesty
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1229 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431